- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe, woody ends trimmed
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 tablespoon sultana (golden) raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped salted cashews
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed through a garlic press
- Large pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
5Yield: 6 to 8 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
Rinse broccoli rabe well, and steam just until tender but still bright green, about 3 to 4 minutes. Rinse in a colander beneath cold running water. Drain well, and wrap in a clean tea towel to absorb excess water. Chop into small pieces.
Cut broccoli florets from stems, and then cut into small (1/2-inch) pieces. Steam just until tender but still bright green, about 3 to 4 minutes. Rinse in a colander beneath cold running water. Drain well, and wrap in a clean tea towel to absorb excess water.
Place rabe and broccoli florets in a large bowl with raisins and cashews. Whisk together the oils, vinegar, garlic, and cayenne. Drizzle over salad, and lightly toss. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
|Calories per serving:||101|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||10g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||44mg|
|Calcium per serving:||56mg|
Good to Know
For a low-sodium dish, this broccoli salad packs on the flavor. With 44 milligrams of sodium, there’s really no need to choose unsalted cashews. Broccoli is loaded with vitamin C and fiber.
This Recipe Is
- Low Carbohydrate
- Low Cholesterol
- Low Saturated Fat
- Low Sodium