Here are a few simple herbal remedies to help ease the discomfort of a sore throat.
NATURAL REMEDIES TO SOOTHE A SORE THROAT
- Gargle with cool sage tea. Mix 1 teaspoon of herb in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes, then strain. Learn how to grow your own sage.
- Sip cider vinegar. Mix 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey in a cup of warm water. Learn more about the health benefits of cider vinegar.
- Drink a horseradish cocktail. Make a syrup of 1 tablespoon horseradish, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix in a glass of warm water and drink slowly.
Here are some remedies that came straight from our readers:
- Put a cap full of apple cider vinegar, 3 shakes each of cayenne pepper and black pepper into a cup of warm, salted water. Gargle as many times as needed. This remedy is said to change the pH balance in your throat.
- For a particularly scratchy throat, take one tablespoon of concentrated lemon juice followed immediately by a tablespoon of honey just before bed, which will usually soothe your throat until morning. Find more household uses for lemons.
Source : http://www.almanac.com/content/natural-remedies-sore-throat